Saturday, December 18, 2010











I am so excited about this new project I decided to concure. I had seen these elsewhere, and thought, "I know I can do that". Well, let's get started here. These are 2x2x3 blocks. I downloaded pictures and attached their name underneath. This became 1 side of the block. I then found some beautiful Christmas scrapbook paper. I picked out my best 2 favorites and used one for one side and the other for the other side. Oh - my - I just love it. It has been so much fun. I then wanted to add some of God's own words, so therefore, I decided to go with John 10:10. I typed out this scripture and gave it a green background, va-laa...this was my 4th side. Well you know when you decided to cover a block, you must cover all sides; including top & bottom. I picked out another kind of scrapbook paper and cut down to size for the top. For the bottom I wanted the year these were made on them. I typed these up and gave them a green background as well. And WOW - now the project is almost done. How did I keep the paper attached to the block. Well first I sent the paper through an adhesive machine I have and then put them on the blocks. Then I wanted to ensure that they stay in place and last a long time. I used ModPodge Matte finish to seal them. I needed a way to make them assessible to hang on the tree. I used eye screws on the top of the ornament. Then I couldn't stand it. I had to embellish them with ribbon for hanging. I am so excited about these, I just wished I had completed the project way before now so that I could have included them in my Christmas Items for sale on my site.


As I said before, Pictures are the key. That is a way to look back over the past and see where the future has carried you. I hope you like these. If you are interested in any for yourself, a friend, teacher or whoever - let me know. I am up for the challenge.

May God Bless you this Christmas~
v

No comments:

Post a Comment