Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Little Scripture Book

This is a unique, fashionable way to carry your favorite scriptures. Spiral bound with decorative ribbons, and designs.

Choose from the designs given
You can make it personalized

3x5 spiral bound

Everyone will see yours and want one too~

Only $8.00

Find me at
www.vmtbwe89.etsy.com


Today's Devotion

How good are you at making a decision from all the choices you may have at hand? Don't ask my husband, he would tell you I am not good at making a decision on anything. As a matter of fact my youngest son and I decided we were going to open a restaurant called "I Don't Care" because every time we are asked "Where do you want to eat?" we always say - I don't care......We have done that so many times that now it seems to be a comical thing. When we are asked "What do you want to watch", we say "whatever". I think we should open a restaurant called "I don't care" beside a movie theater called "Whatever". Wouldn't that be cool? We have choices to make everyday:
go to work
what to wear
how to act
who to talk to
I know you may say - "I have to work". Well - NO not really.....not if you don't care to pay your bills or feed your children. I know a lot of times I hear people say, "All I have to do is live and pay taxes." Wooweee, I wish life was that simple. Sometimes life just seems to get harder, harsher, and all about the "I's" in the world. Whatever happened to knowing everyone in your community, or afternoon picnics with all the family over one Saturday? What ever happened to the simple things - like - sitting outside enjoying doing nothing, or waiting until the weekend to do the cleaning, or just taking time to visit a friend or watch that favorite movie you like? Man, I tell you, life has gotten out of control. I know it has in my house. Well when it really comes down to it - God has given us 2 choices - serve Him or Not~ It is that simple. Now - that is simple. He plainly tells us what we receive if we serve Him or choose not to. I hope that you have made the decision to serve Him. If you haven't - I hope that you may reconsider.

I set before you this day a blessing and a curse - a blessing, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day; and a curse, if you will not obey the commandments of the Lord your God. Deuteronomy 11:26-28

God Bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment